Finding a therapist can be daunting. There are so many options. What makes one better than the other? The answer really depends on what you are looking for. The needs, desires, and requirements are different for each individual.
What makes me different from other therapists? I believe in creating collaborative healing relationships with my clients. I am not the expert on your life. Instead of doling out my diagnoses and treatment for you, we will work together to figure out what changes you want to make. Then, together, we will come up with an attainable, realistic plan of healing. Moving forward, we will prepare for the changes to come, and develop the tools needed to successfully integrate those changes into your current environment. To help aid you in choosing the right therapist, here is a little about me.
I migrated from Guatemala at a young age, where I began a new life in America. My unconventional family adopted many children from several countries and cultures, many of whom had various levels of physical disability. Gratitude, a quest for self-improvement, and a hunger for life best describe my growing years. Currently, I am a wife and a mother, and feel very blessed in having nourishing, symbiotic relationships.
Why I became a therapist is a long-winded story, but at its core I simply wanted to help others. I know what it is like to be judged. I also understand the role that systems (family, social, school, criminal, etc.) play in the complexities of our physical and emotional lives. Both hindering and enhancing them. We cannot change the habitat we are forced to live in, but we can change how we deal with it.
I will not promise that I can heal you. In truth you’re the only one who can do that. What I will promise is if you choose me, I will be here as long as you need guidance. You are not alone. All you have to do is reach out.
- Masters of Science, Counseling (2014)
- Graduate Certificate in Addiction Counseling (2011)
- Bachelors of Science, Psychology (2007)
- Rapid Relationship Repair for Couples (2016)
- EMDR Intensive Training (2016)
- Ethics: Necessary and Essential Information (2015)
- Advanced Mindfulness Techniques that Change the Brain (2015)
- Clinical Strategies for Sexual Issues in Therapy (2015)
- Suicide & Self-Mutilation (2015)
- Advance Trauma Training: Shame and Guilt (2014)
- Domestic Violence (2013)
- Grief and Loss (2013)
- Sex Trafficking (2012)
- Multi-cultural Issues (2012)